Doing FLOSS License Compliance for "The Man"
Speaker: Branden Robinson
Track: Ad-hoc talks
Type: BoF (45 mins)
Time: Aug 10 (Thu), 10:00
I’ll share my insights on FLOSS license compliance based on my experiences at a certain Very Big Corporation of America that I worked at for about 9 years.
Topics I will try to cover include:
- What the internal attitudes toward FLOSS license compliance are;
- What sorts of tools are useful and desirable;
- Noteworthy facts and semi-informed speculations about uptake and usage of GPLv3-licensed code, the Linux kernel, and containerization;
- Advice on what FLOSS developers can do to make license compliance activities easier for well-intentioned engineers and companies; and
- The role the Linux Foundation and commercial license-scanning and compliance-evaluation companies perform in industry.